Identity Theft continues to be a growing problem (see article from Market Watch). Here are some simple things you can do to protect yourself
- Buy a shredding machine and shred any paperwork that contains account numbers or social security numbers.
- Review your credit report from any of the credit report companies. Annual Credit Report.com is the best place to obtain your credit report.
- Avoid using ATM machines at locations other than your bank or a nationally recognized bank
- Use only secure Internet sites when purchasing on line
- Never carry your social security card
- Have your social security number removed from your drivers license (this is optional in some states)
- Purchase identity theft coverage on your homeowner’s policy! Identity theft coverage can be very inexpensive when compared to the alternatives in modern day living. Call us at 330-782-5621 or email us at [email protected] for more information.